Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ahmed (Day 8)

 

I had a perfect experience during this trip, this trip was wonderful because of the things I learned.

The first thing that I learned is to build your support team- like playing a game with Hope Solo or going to the orphanage to support the orphans to make them feel support and not to be full of stigma or myths.

The second thing that I learned during this trip is Risk. We went to the lion park with the car windows open which was cool but a high risk (!!!).

The third thing that I learned during this trip was the four ways to stay strong just like Justice Edwin Cameron did to fight the HIV in his body and stigma. An infected person can stay strong by eating well, having a support team, fighting against stigma by the help of their supporters and using ARV’s on time.

The fourth thing that I learned was friendship. I myself made friends with people that I didn’t know or met before. I made friends that care and support me. I hope we keep in touch. When I get back home I want to spread the word to my teammates of the DC United U15 team. I can also spread the word by using posters everywhere, form a youth team that will spread the word by meeting different schools and community centers. I will talk to my community about HIV/AIDS, how it can be spread, and how we all can end it.

No comments:

Post a Comment